So Merry Christmas! I just love this time of year! We broke down and got ourselves a fake tree. I have always had a real tree and I love the smell of the real tree. This way we can put our tree up earlier! The girls had fun when we put our tree up. McKenzie was batting around ornaments like an animal and Hailey kept saying how beautiful everything was! She was a big help. We aren't done. I realized today that I need more ornaments and more clutter on this tree. I just need more hooks and I will add to it. I guess I will just have to visit my mom to soak up that wonderful pine smell!!
So Hailey was in one of her Princess moods, and is usually pretty curious about her sister's curlies, so I took advantage! I told her I could give her curlies like her baby sister, and she let me! Some trivia on Hailey: She hates wearing clips, hair ties, or barrettes of any kind. Isn't a fan of getting her hair brushed either, so for this to happen, was great! I took pictures to document in the case this doesn't happen again. She likes her "curlies" though and let me do it two days in a row!!!
So we had a great Thanksgiving. It was a small group, but there was plenty of good food. I took some pics of the girls, here are the hi-lights! I also braved the shopping crowds on Friday, that was fun! I was lucky enough to leave the girls home with Shon!
We were at the Beach last Sat. What a beautiful day. My cousin had her reception down there after her Hawaii wedding. It was fun and the girls love to play in the sand and run from the water. McKenzie loved the birds and wandering off!
1. My two little girls who keep me very entertained and very humble.
2. My husband who works very hard for us and hardly complains. Then still finds time to get home and read to the girls, or tickle them, or bathe them for me!
3. Magazines. It's my connection to the outside world.
4. Makeup, I agree with Morgan, what would we do without concealer!? Or mascara for that matter.
5. My family. We are close and talk everyday, which Shon finds odd, but I am glad we have stuff to talk about everyday. Plus, I love that Morgan and Scott will watch my girls and love them almost as much as me.
6. This next one is crazy, but I am thankful for Thursday night TV. I love the Office and Gray's Anatomy. And for that matter, reruns of Seinfeld. I will go ahead and add Tivo here too.
7. That I was released from my calling in Cub Scouts! Talk about hard work!
8. Anything Chocolate and Peanut Butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. That the Holidays are coming and we get to decorate for Christmas soon. And that Trevor is coming home very soon.
10. This is cheesy, but true: The Atonement, without it, I wouldn't be here or where I am today. I love that we can be forgiving and made stronger for our mistakes. I love what our mistakes have given us and made me closer to my husband.
So, like the great mother I am, I forgot my camera when we set out for trick or treating! These few photos are of the end of the night when we got home, so the girls weren't very excited about posing for pictures! Hailey was so much fun this year for Halloween. It's the first time she was excited about going door to door and just belted out Trick or Treat! It was fun. She decided to be Ariel from the Little Mermaid. She sings the songs from that movie all the time. She didn't want to wear the shoes that came with the costume though! McKenzie got left overs this year. She wore Hailey's old Bee costume from 2 yrs ago. She didn't care and didn't enjoy dressing up! I figure I will recycle costumes for as long as they will let me!