Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Work, work, work . . .

So, first of all, I have been searching the world far and wide for one of those deep wave crimpers for Hailey's hair, and finally found one tonight!! I was so excited, I made Hailey sit there for a few min. while I did my experiment! Isn't she adorable!? The other picture is of McKenzie running towards me, she loves me!
So I have decided that I love my job as a stay at home mom. Sure it's work, and if one of the kids wakes up in the middle of the night with a bad dream, I am the only one that gets up because "Shon has to work in the morning" and we wouldn't dream of interrupting his sleep, but won't take for granted my wonderful job again. I have been working at my old office I worked at BK (before kids) . I worked for Allstate Insurance for about 7 years before I had Hailey and I loved it. I fill in there whenever someone goes on vacation and they need some extra help. I have been keeping my insurance license up to date in case I want to go back. I may consider that part time when the girls are in school or something in the future, but working and being a full time mom is rough. I commend you ladies for doing it!!! One of my days off last week, I took the girls to Disneyland mostly because I felt guilty for leaving them and going off to work. That wasn't a day off at all, and Disneyland with two toddlers is WORK! This week on my day off, I scrubbed toilets, sinks, floors and the kitchen. I cleaned Hailey's room 3 times and vacuumed. Not so fun when you have to get up the next day and pack up the girls to go to the sitter and then truck it 35 miles north to the office! I actually loved working and miss it very much, it did get me out of the mundane everyday life I normally lead, but lets just say, I am not ready to give up my day job. I love being a mother, and sure 2 paychecks are always better than one, I rather do without to stay home, and shower when I feel like it! Also a special shout out to my wonderful Sister in law who watched my kids and was the mother when I couldn't be there! I love ya MORGAN!!!



5 comments:

Katie said...

Cute hair! And don't thank Morgan too much...I bet she brainwashed your children, made them clean her toilets, made them change Brent's poopy diapers, made them fold her laundry...she's a slave-driver. I would get a nanny camera thing installed to watch Morgan like a hawk...You can never be too careful. I bet she stole some jewelry from you too.

Morgan said...

Katie is just jealous. She is just jealous of my child-care provider skills.

I'm sure you did a lot of toilet scrubbing. That Hailey appreciates a clean toilet! :)

Morgan said...

P.S. I love those girls and I would take them anytime..

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Hailey's hair is so beautiful and long!

Autumn said...

I do not know how you do it. Full time mom is all I can handle. As I walked into Kailey's room this morning and found a mess that required a bath and a load of laundry. Yucky:)