Thursday, February 7, 2008

Our Science experiment


So back in October, Shon and I found this cute little catapillar on our front door. Hailey thought it was cool, so we made it a home and decided to keep it around for a bit. Well, about 4 days later it started to turn into a cacoon! Shon and I thought it would be so neat for Hailey to see this process and so it bacame a fixture in the kitchen. Around Christmas time, we decided it was dead and nothing was ever going to come of this cacoon, but Shon persisted, so we kept it around. Finally, last night after giving the girls a bath, we walked by and sure enough it lives!!! It's the most beautiful moth. It's white with tiny black spots all over it. We set it free last night, but thought I would show you a picture!

3 comments:

Josie said...

Shannon,

Yes, I check out your blog sometimes. That doesn't creep you out, does it? Anyway, I wanted to let you know that keeping a moth is a little "Silence of the Lambs." You and Shon aren't up to anything weird, are you? :)

Morgan said...

That thing was still alive?!?!?! I Forgot all about it!!! I gotta go tell Scott..... :)

Burk Family said...

How funny that you found my blog! I swear, I find out all the time that someone new is reading it. I better be pretty careful about what I put on here, huh? I'm glad I have a new one to read now!