Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Call me Dr. Petersen DDS

So for the last 10 - 15 years, I have been doing my own dental work. That's right, there is no trick to it, I fill my own teeth. The last time I went to a Dentist, probably in 1997 or so, I went to the Dental School in Loma Linda University, they gave me a temporary filling, that I have been filling myself with the stuff you buy at Target. It only lasts a few months, then you have to fill it again. Any who, I chipped a wisdom tooth last week, and it was very sharp and cutting up my cheeks inside my mouth, so I threw some temp. filling on it to soften the edges. It worked pretty good, but last night I was up all night with a tooth ache. So with no Dental insurance, I went in today and had them pull it! Of course they want to pull the rest and fill a cavity, and do root canal on a different tooth. Its like taking your car in for an oil change and having them call you to tell you all the things wrong with your car and they recommendations you should have done. I told them, nope, just pull the wisdom tooth for now, I'll be back. (in another 10 yrs!) : )

So 2 shots, and about 5 minutes, it was out and done! I lived to tell the story. I did all this while my children napped at home with Aunt Morgan! Thanks Mic! As if she didn't have enough on her plate right now!
Just thought I would add a pic of the girls, McKenzie's crazy hair cracks me up!




2 comments:

Katie said...

The next time I get a cavity I'm just gonna have you do my filling, ok? How much do you charge? ;)

Morgan said...

Ohh.. I am laughing just thinking about all of this. You are on to something.. we could make one of the rooms downstairs into your "office" and I can be your office manager. We can stock up on the filling stuff from Target and we'll be in business! We can stick the kids on the corner of the street holding signs to drum up business. I think I will also bake cupcakes to offer your clients, so after their tooth is filled, they can sink that new filling into a tasty cupcake.
WHO WOULDN'T want to come see you as their dentist?!
I'm off to go make business cards...