Sunday, February 28, 2010

Addison Eve . . .

So, little did I know that hours after my previous post, I would be going into the hospital to have this little bundle of joy. I posted Tuesday about my Dr. appt. and Tues. night at around 11:30, my water broke! I honestly was shocked and had nothing prepared. That same day, my mom had brought me some Newborn size diapers, I had no hospital bag packed, nothing together, it was crazy. So we went in, my contractions weren't very close together, so around 5 am, they started pitocin, then they kicked that up a notch, and all came crumbling down! I felt one long crazy contraction that wouldn't let up, and I instantly said, that isn't right. About 5 seconds later, a bunch of nurses came in and threw an oxygen mask on me and started rolling me around from side to side. I guess the heart beat up until now was around 140 and dropped to 60 for a while because of the pitocin. So they got her heart rate back up and took me off that junk, then at 8:12 am after 3 long pushes, there she was . . . . 8 lbs 2 ounces of sheer heaven. 20 1/2 inches long. Very light colored hair, dark gray blue eyes.
WE are all in love . . .







3 comments:

Heather said...

SHan-she is so beautiful!! I am so glad that it seemed to go so well for you two! Looking forward to more pics!!

5littlenordstroms said...

Congratulations she is so beautiful. I hope we get to see her in person sometime soon.

Morgan said...

You got that right! She is sheer heaven!!! I love her.