Friday, August 21, 2009

Made it.

So we survived our first week of Kindergarten around here. Luckily Hailey LOVES school and can't wait to go back everyday. She was kinda bummed out today is Fri. and she can't go to school tomorrow. I love it, and I get so excited to hear all about her day and the things she is learning. I think she has a leg up and will learn to read pretty soon! She already knew and recognized the whole alphabet going in and now it's amazing to me the things she comes home and knows. I have to admit, I am relieved to not have to run her to school and make lunch for the weekend though! Being a working mom is tough! I don't know how you all do it. I have been working almost year now and while the time flew by, I am dreading another holiday season in retail!!!

On a lighter note, most of you already know this tidbit, but for those of you who don't, I am manufacturing a small human inside me right now, which is adding to the stress and workload. Haven't been too sick at all, but sooo tired. Here is the little maniac below.
This was a big unexpected surprise, and we are warming up to the idea of starting OVER with the bottles and diapers. (I think Shon and I are too old for this.)




5 comments:

Heather said...

Shan-holy crap! I had no idea!! COngratulations!!! How far along are you? You poor thing-no wonder you're so tired!!

Morgan said...

I love that little fetus already! I just know he's a boy!! :)

5littlenordstroms said...

Wow! How exciting. We are so happy for you and hope you are feeling well.

Katie said...

ahh, i am so excited for you guys!! congrats!

Kerri said...

Congratulations!!! That is so excititng. I am sure the girls are so excited to have a little baby around the house. Hope you continue to feel well.