Thursday, August 6, 2009

Nothing New . . .



So I have no earth shattering news, but I did have today off and was doing some much needed net surfing, so I thought I would blog a bit. I spent last weeks days off sick, so today, I took Hailey over to her new Elementary School. She starts Kindergarten on the 18th and I am freaking out. She is so excited and doesn't understand why she can't go right now. We toured her new classroom, and the playground and the library. It was neat.


Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not easily excited or shaken or emotional for that matter. Nothing really bothers me at all. But surprisingly, Hailey starting Kindergarten bothers me! I just don't feel ready. I hate not knowing what her little brain is being filled with every second of the day and not being that "filter" for her. She is such a smart little sponge and I no longer get to dictate what she is told and taught. I guess it's a control thing. I am sure she will do great as she embarks on this new chapter in her life. On the other hand, McKenzie got a little jealous and decided she too wants to go to school. She has been doing great peeing in the toilet, but she has yet to go number 2. Which as you can imagine, having an accident like that in underwear is a nightmare! She remains in pull ups. I told her when she masters that, she can go to school! She is a joy and the funniest kid I know.


I am starving, and my husband leaves for work before 4 everyday, so I never get dinner anymore. Cereal and I have been best friends lately. Peace Out.




2 comments:

Morgan said...

Hop in your car, drive 2 miles, and come eat dinner at my house. There is always a plate for you here!

Autumn said...

Okay so make sure you wear sunglasses so no one sees you crying. It was so hard to send him off. I cried for about a week. The only thing that got me through was he was so excited and loved school. Cereal sound good right now:)